OMRI & FIBL LISTED
BENEFITS FOR PLANTS
PHYTOCHEMICALS, POLYPHENOLS, FLAVONOIDS
Phytosterols regulate membrane fluidity, permeability, and modulate the ctivity of membrane-bound enzymes. Linked to plant adaptation to temperature variabilities and immunity against pathogens.
Hormones regulate cellular processes and differentiation, regulating the formation of the roots, stems, leaves, and flowers, and the ripening of fruit.
Fatty acids provide structural integrity and energy for metabolic process and function as signal transduction mediators.
Polyphenols defend against ultraviolet radiation, and aggression by pathogens. They contribute to oxidative stability, improve taste, color, flavor, the odor of the plant, and its resulting yield.
Keytones protect plants from abiotic and biotic stresses, provide antioxidant capabilities and contribute to the synthesis of aromatic and physiologically important compounds.
Flavones are antioxidants that provide oxidative protection in plants.
1. Ogbe,R A review on dietary phytosterols: Their occurrence, metabolism and health benefits ISSN : 2249-7412 CODEN (USA):AJPSKY Asian Journal of Plant Science and Research, 2015,5(4):10-21 https://www.imedpub.com/articles/a-review-on-dietary-phytosterols-their-occurrence-metabolism-and-health-benefits.pdf
2. Chanclud E, Lacombe B Trends Plant Sci. 2017 Sep;22(9):754-758. Doi: 10.1016/j.tplants.2017.07.003 Plant Hormones: Key Players in Gut Microbiota and Human Diseases? PMID:28843313 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28843313
3. Authors: Simpson, Mostyn, Rutland Fatty Acids in Veterinary Medicine and Research DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.68440https://www.intechopen.com/books/fatty-acids/fatty-acids-in-veterinary-medicine-and-research
4. Stover M, Watson R, Chapter 1 – Polyphenols in Foods and Dietary Supplements: Role in Veterinary Medicine and Animal Health Authors Academic Press Polyphenols in Human Health and Disease Volume 1, 2014, pages3-7
5. Greco T, Glenn TC, Hovda DA, Prins ML. Ketogenic diet decreases oxidative stress and improves mitochondrial respiratory complex activity. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2016;36(9):1603–1613. doi:10.1177/0271678X15610584 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5012517/
6. Panche AN, Diwan AD, Chandra SR. Flavonoids: an overview. J Nutr Sci. 2016;5:e47. Published 2016 Dec 29. doi:10.1017/jns.2016.41 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5465813